Antibacterial Activity and Sanitizing Efficacy of HealthySole's Shoe UV Device (Kill Rate). Eight Second Activation Time
Microchem Laboratory B. Richard, B.S.
Clostridium difficile (85.3%) ATCC 43598 (Endospores)
Staphylococcus aureus (99.98%) ATCC 33592 (MRSA)
Streptococcus pyogenes A (99.994%) ATCC 19615
Enterococcus faecalis (99.75%) ATCC 51575 (VRE)
Escherichia coli (99.87%) ATCC BAA-2469 (CRE)
Pseudomonas aeruginosa (99.2%) ATCC 15442
The test microorganism is prepared, usually by growth in liquid culture medium.
● The test culture may be supplemented with an artificial soil load, such as horse or fetal bovine
serum, for one-step cleaner/sanitizer claims.
● Sterilized carriers are inoculated with a volume of the test culture. Inoculated slides are dried.
Only completely dried carriers are used in the test.
● Test carriers are treated with the test device and incubated for the predetermined contact time.
● Control carriers are allowed to sit for the predetermined contact time, multiple controls may be
used for extended contact times.
● At the conclusion of the contact time, test and control carriers are chemically neutralized.
● Dilutions of the neutralized test substance are evaluated using appropriate growth media to
determine the surviving microorganisms at the respective contact time.
● The effect of the test substance is compared to the effect of the control substance in order to
determine microbial reductions.